Bridal Club Magazine
14 Steps to a Perfect Theme Wedding
I have come across many couples that want to incorporate a theme
into their wedding but just can't decide or know what type of
wedding they would like. Everyone wants their wedding to be unique,
original, fun and a complete success. And yet, there are hundreds
or thousands of ways you can customize your wedding day to be as
Here are 14 steps you need to go through to help you custom design
your wedding day.
1) Where did the two of you meet? Was at a restaurant or work?
Can you incorporate your meeting into your wedding? Such as holding
your wedding at the place where you met?
2) Ask around! Do you or one of your friends know of a fantastic
spot hidden away? You would be amazed at how many people you might
find that could have a hidden cottage perfect for your wedding! A
great idea for a Christmas or Country Wedding!
3) Do you have a favourite activity the two of you do together?
Do you go to the drive-in or ski the mountains? Your activity can
easily be incorporated into a theme wedding!
4) Remember when you were a child? Remember the things that you
enjoyed and that consumed your days and nights? Write down all the
things that you enjoyed as a child - ask your mate also. Which of
these passions could you turn into your theme? Perhaps, you enjoyed
the beach immensely so a beach theme wedding would be ideal!
5) First of all, think about the first dinner you had on your
first date. What type of food was it? If it was a memorable
occasion, you could design your wedding theme around that food such
as Mexican or Indian.
6) What's your ultimate favourite food? If you were going to go
out for a special dinner - what type of restaurant would it be?
Steak and Lobster or Japanese?
7) If you were going to take a cooking course, what type of
course would you like to enrol in? Would you like to learn how to
make pastries, Japanese or Indian?
9) Let your colour guide you! For example here are some colours
and a theme wedding that could be incorporated with that
- Blue, Yellow - The Cosmo Clambake Wedding or The Seashore
Shindig - Fushia, Red, Purple, Pink - The Passage to Passion
Wedding - Yellow, Orange, Red - The Rise & Shine Wedding -
Green, Yellow, Blue - The Sweet Pea Wedding/The Wild Thing Wedding
- Red, Yellow, Green - The Tequila Twilight Wedding - White, Black
- The Uptown Affair Wedding - Tans, Black or Brown - The Urban
Safari Wedding - Green, Red, Silver - The Winter White Wedding
10) What type of centrepiece do you have on your kitchen or
dining room table at home? Do you have fresh flowers? Do you have a
basket of fruit? Or a group of candles? Look around your home and
see what type of decor you already use. Don't stray from who you
are. Your wedding is all about you and your theme should focus
11) Do you have a collection of some sort? Whether it is snow
globes, angels or priceless figurines, these are a glimpse of who
you are and can also help you select a theme for your wedding.
12) What makes you unique such as hobbies, talents, preferences,
background, or your career? Write down 10 things that make you
different based on your uniqueness. Now, ask your fiancé to do the
same or write them down for them. Pick one unique characteristic
from each list and see how you can incorporate both of these unique
13) What things have happened in your life that has not happened
to most other people? Perhaps, you are the only one in your circle
who has sky-jumped, won $100 on a lottery ticket, went on a safari
in Africa or travelled through Europe. How can you incorporate some
of these unique things into your wedding?
14) What is your ultimate favourite movie? Why? What makes this
movie stand out? Watch the movie again but this time forget about
the plot. Look at it differently, what are the characters wearing,
where is the majority of the movie being filmed, what food is being
served. How can you incorporate some of these movie ideas into your
Remember, these questions will get you thinking along the lines of
YOUR perfect wedding. This day is supposed to be magical, one of a
kind, and completely the best day of your life.
Use these tips in your planning and you will be sure you are
making the best decisions and choices in your theme.